- Planning & Zoning
- Community Campus Plan
Community Campus Plan
The Middleton Common Council approved funding in 2019 for a Community Campus Plan for downtown Middleton. The Community Campus Plan has six main goals (note these goals were slightly revised at a Community Campus Committee meeting in June 2022):
- Identify opportunities to modernize and/or replace the City’s current public facilities in Downtown Middleton where needed and appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for more efficient utilization of land through opportunities for combined facilities, flexible spaces that can serve more than one purpose, and underground and/or shared parking opportunities.
- Ensure that municipal facility space needs are met, and can accommodate future growth of the City.
- Identify opportunities for private development or public-private partnerships. Mixed-use development is encouraged.
- Enhance downtown Middleton by creating concepts for municipal buildings that will be visually-appealing, inviting, customer-friendly, and functional.
- Align with the City’s approved sustainability goals for the Civic Campus.
The request for proposals was sent out in February 2019.
The City selected SEH, in association with EUA and Findorff for this project.
- Winning Community Campus RFP
- Agreement with SEH, EUA and Findorff
- Amendment to Agreement with SEH, EUA, and Findorff
The Community Campus Committee has been guiding this process since early 2019.
Community Campus Committee Members
There are nine members on the Community Campus Committee:
- Common Council appointment (Kathy Olson, District 1)
- Plan Commission appointment (Gretchen Erdmann-Hermans)
- Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Commission appointment (Kiley Sherer, Assistant Director for Recreation)
- Library Director (Jocelyne Sansing)
- Senior Center Director (Tammy Derrickson)
- Chamber of Commerce representative (Kate Miller, Chamber Director)
- Three Mayoral appointments from different aldermanic districts (confirmed by Common Council)
- (Sue Bradley, Justin Ballweg, Jenifer Cole)
- Community Campus Plan - Draft Space Needs Analysis (presented at 9/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Survey Results from Stakeholder Focus Group Participants (presented at 9/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Planning Options (presented at 11/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Display Board Layout (presented at 11/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Timeline (presented at 11/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Full Presentation (presented at 1/10/20 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Schedule (updated 1/22/20)
- Community Campus Plan - Space Needs Information (presented at 2/10/20 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Sustainability Recommendations (approved at 3/17/20 Council meeting)
Access Agendas & Minutes
- Click here view the agenda and minutes for any City meeting.
- Community Campus Committee - 5/21/19 (background on process and review of proposals)
- Community Campus Committee - 6/7/19 (presentation of proposals and consultant selection)
- Community Campus Committee - 7/26/19 (project scope and schedule, space needs, project schedule)
- Community Campus Committee - 9/5/19 (community engagement update, draft space needs findings, campus planning workshop)
- Community Campus Committee - 10/11/19 (community workshop recap, results of shared space analysis, draft design principles)
- Community Campus Committee - 11/5/19 (presentation of alternative concepts and costs)
- Community Campus Committee - 1/10/20 (project review, space needs/massing/streetscape refinements, costs)
- Finance Committee - 1/21/20 (approval of amendment to contract with consultant)
- Common Council - 1/21/20 (approval of amendment to contract with consultant)
- Sustainability Committee - 1/27/20 (sustainability goals)
- Community Campus Committee - 2/10/20 (space needs, community input survey, sustainability goals)
- Plan Commission - 2/11/20 (sustainability goals)
- Community Campus Committee - 3/10/20 (discussion of health in all policies)
- Common Council 3/17/20 (discussion of public process, sustainability goals)
- Community Campus Plan on hiatus due to pandemic from March 2020 - April 2022
- Community Campus Committee - 5/17/22 (refresher from staff, next steps)
- Community Campus Committee - 6/21/22 (feedback regarding senior needs, staff report back from consultants, next steps)