WHAT DOES THE YOUTH CENTER OFFER?
All Youth Center programs are free to participants!
- Mentoring Program: This is an optional opportunity for students who would like 1:1 support from a Youth Center staff member.
- Each staff member is matched with students that they check-in with weekly
- Mentor meetings focuses on goal-setting, behavior planning, academic accountability, parent engagement, trauma-informed care, and new program development
- Homework Help: Available on school days from 4-6pm
- Includes access to high school tutors and communication with school day teachers if needed.
- Homework room is an optional choice for YC students. If you would like to require your student to attend the Homework Room or the check-in on homework completion before participating in other YC activities, please contact us directly.
- Drop-in Sports & Movement Activities: At least one active drop-in activity is offered per day from 4-5pm
- Drop-in activities are available to all enrolled Youth Center students
- Mini-Courses: Weekly activities that run from 4-4:45pm.
- Mini-courses allow for longer-term projects and skill building.
- Examples: Photography, swimming lessons, spoken word poetry, cooking
- Free Choice: From 4:45-6pm on school days
- Examples of free choice activity options: art, sports, board games, video games, computer lab, hanging out with friends, homework help