WHAT DOES THE YOUTH CENTER OFFER?
- Mentoring Program: Focused on students who attend the Youth Center 3 days/week or more
- Each staff member is matched with 10-15 students that they check-in with weekly
- Mentor meetings will focus on goal-setting, behavior planning, academic accountability, parent engagement, trauma-informed care, and new program development
- Homework Help: Available on school days from 4-6pm
- Includes access to high school tutors and communication with school day teachers if needed.
- Separate rooms are designated for quiet studying, group study, and tutoring support.
- Homework room is an optional choice for YC students. If you would like to require your student to attend the Homework Room or the check-in on homework completion before participating in other YC activities, please contact us.
- Drop-in Sports & Movement Activities: At least one active drop-in activity is offered per day from 4-5pm
- Drop-in activities are available to all enrolled Youth Center students
- Mini-Courses: Month-long activities that run 1x/week from 4-5pm.
- Mini-courses allow for longer-term projects and skill building.
- Examples: Beginner field hockey, photography, swimming lessons, spoken word poetry, international cooking, etc.
- Free Choice: From 5-6pm on school days
- Examples of free choice activity options: art, sports, playing at Fireman’s Park, board games, xbox, wii, computer lab, listening to music, hanging out with friends, homework help, etc.