Fall Leaf Collection
Fall leaf collection will begin in October and continue through November, weather permitting. Collection will end following the season’s first snow accumulation, but no later than the end of November, when trucks are converted for snow and ice control operations.
Please see our Leaf and Yard Waste Collection Policy for a complete description of rules and alternative options, and check the City’s Leaves and Garden Waste web page for weekly progress updates.
In October: Priority is given to scheduled brush collection.
In November: Priority is given to unscheduled leaf collection.
Collection of leaves in fall requires a lot of work to be done in a very short time. Your cooperation in making leaf collection efficient is both needed and appreciated. Please follow these Leaf Collection Rules:
· Pile leaves on grass areas along the curb, but not in the street or gutter.
· Do not pile leaves around trees, posts, hydrants, mailboxes, rocks, firewood or brush.
· Please do not park a vehicle in front of leaf piles.
· Leaves in bags or containers WILL NOT be collected.
· Leaves mixed with brush WILL NOT be collected.