Important Message to the Community
During this time of uncertainty, we want to assure you that we are maintaining constant awareness of the pandemic involving Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).
As we strive to maintain a healthy department to remain prepared to serve the community, we will be updating some of our procedures based on guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Public Health Madison & Dane County. The safety of you, your family & anyone visiting our community is our top priority.
Effective immediately, we are making changes to the following public services:
- Department tours have been cancelled.
- Department ride alongs have been cancelled.
- Public fingerprinting services have been cancelled.
- Citizen’s Academy has been postponed until a later date.
- Citizens are encouraged to call the Police Department by the use of the non-emergency number of (608)824-7300 to report an incident instead of stopping at the Police Department to speak with an officer. If a citizen is in the lobby to report an incident an officer will make contact but will speak with the citizen from within the secured area of the Police Department.
- Officers have been encouraged to take less serious reports by telephone instead of making personal contact.
For the most accurate, up-to-date information we highly recommend following Public Health Madison & Dane County at http://bit.ly/PHMDC_COVID-19.
Chief Troy Hellenbrand
Middleton Police Department