The Metropolitan Refuse District (MRD) compost facility, 5211 CTH Q, opens April 1. The MRD is operated by Purple Cow Organics.
- City residents may drop off the following items at no charge: brush, branches (up to 6” in diameter), wood chips, sawdust, grass clippings, leaves, and plants.
- No treated or painted lumber, stumps, logs, sod or other items are accepted.
- Hours of operation are available on the City’s website.
- The MRD is not intended for use by commercial contractors.
- After-hours drop off is prohibited and is subject to fine.
Weekend hours are only available to residents of Middleton, Waunakee, & Shorewood Hills. Please plan your yard projects accordingly.
The facility will close at the end of November.