On behalf of the Middleton Airport Commission and Common Council, I’d like to welcome you to the City of Middleton’s airport webpage. Middleton Municipal Airport-Morey Field is a modern, general aviation facility providing western Dane County and western Madison with a convenient alternative to the Dane County Regional Airport. Also known by the “C29” airport identifier, the 252-acre facility was purchased by the city in 1998 to maintain the airport as a vital part of the region’s transportation infrastructure, provide a buffer between the Airport Road Business Park and prime farmland, and enhance stormwater management in the vicinity of the North Fork of the Pheasant Branch Creek. The city contracts with Morey Airplane Company to operate the airport
As of 2017, the airport accommodates around 40,000 operations per year, and approximately 94aircraft are based here. All hangar lots have been developed, but the City is exploring the potential for developing more hangar lots on the northeast end of the airport as part of an airport master planning process that began in 2018. Therefore, please let me know (608.821.8370) if you are interested in building a hangar at C29.
Thank you for your interest in Middleton’s own gateway to the skies!
Assistant Planning Director
Staff liaison to the Middleton Airport Commission
The Airport Commission is a seven member advisory body to the Middleton Common Council that typically meets on the second Monday of each month in the airport conference room.
Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee
The Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee is an advisory body to the Airport Commission and Middleton Common Council that was formed in early 2019 to oversee development of an updated master plan for the airport. Mead & Hunt, a Middleton-based engineering consulting firm, has been retained to prepare the plan.
City Regulations & Other Resources Pertaining to the Airport
- Airport data on AirNav
- Airport Layout Plan (2001)
- Airport Manager Agreement
- Building Covenants and Restrictions (Revised August 12, 2004)
- Airport Economic Impact Study (Prepared by Bureau of Aeronautics, 2008)
- Fixed-Base Operator (FBO) Agreement with Morey Airplane Company (draft currently under review)
- Hangar Keepers’ Agreement (Adopted December 2, 2003)
- Hangar Land Lease (Current annual rates are $0.20, $0.25, or $0.35 per sq.ft., depending on hangar lot size).
- Height Limitation Zoning Ordinance (This ordinance regulates structure heights within three miles of airport property.)
- Height Limitation Zoning Map
- Minimum Standards (Adopted December 16, 2013; Revised standards adopted Spring 2019 and will be posted soon)
- Zoning Regulations
- Wisconsin Bureau of Aeronautics
For more detailed information about the airport, please visit the Morey Airport website.
To receive airport email updates, please sign up for Notify Me.