The Walter R. Bauman Aquatic Center will open for the season of operation on June 9. The outdoor facility includes a zero-depth pool entrance, an eight-lane competition pool, as well as a diving well. Other attractions at the center include two 134-foot run waterslides, interactive water play equipment, a sand playground, and a concession area. The center has 11,510 square feet of water surface, holds 345,580 gallons of water, and has an in-water patron capacity of 662 people. The concession stand offers a full assortment of food and beverage items during public swim times.
Monday – Sunday
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Parent Tot Swim
10:00 pm -12:00 pm
Lap Swim – Any Age
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Family Fun Nights
Friday & Sunday
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
The Aquatic Center may close for the following reasons. In the event of a closing, we will attempt to reopen if possible. Should a closing occur, refunds are not available.
If the air temperature is less than 60 degrees, or if it is raining heavily or thundering and/or lightning, the Aquatic Center will be closed.
If there are 40 or fewer people in attendance for 2 hours, the WBAC may close early.
Should a water contamination event occur; we are required to clear the pool for a specified amount of time based on the type of contamination.
Mon-Sun: 1-6pm (2 Lanes Available during Open Swim Hours)
Sunday: 10am -12pm (8 Lanes Available)
Mon-Sun: Daily Admission or Season Pass/Punch Pass
Sunday Lap Swim: $5 or Season Pass/Punch Pass
Adult Lap Swim is for guests 18 years of age or older. Lanes are available on a first come first serve basis and shared with others as necessary.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult or person 16+ years old.
- Children under 5 years old or less than 48” tall must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the facility. An adult must be in the water within arm’s reach of the child.
- Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or open cut.
- Do not bring any outside food, drink, or gum into the pool area. This includes carry-ins, coolers, alcohol, etc.
- Do not use any tobacco products, smoke, or electronic cigarettes within the fence line of the facility.
- Shower before entering the pool and after use of the toilet facilities.
- Do not run or engage in rough play in the pool area. This includes in and out of the water.
- Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited.
- Glass and shatterable items are prohibited.
- Only Coast Guard-approved floatation devices are allowed under adult supervision. While wearing, children must be within arm's length of an adult. Floatation devices are not allowed on waterslides or diving boards.
- All other floatation devices, snorkels, and mermaid tails are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to water wings, noodles, inflatables, and any personal floatation device not approved.
- Children who are not toilet trained need to wear a swim diaper when in the water. Swim diapers are available at the admissions counter for a minimal fee.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool or park areas.
- The use of cell phones and other recording devices is prohibited in all locker rooms, bathrooms, and changing areas.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES unsecured. Middleton Parks and Recreation is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- No personal furniture can be brought in.
- Persons leaving the facility who wish to return MUST get a hand stamp from the front desk or be a pass holder.
- When additional rules and enforcement are deemed advisable for the safety or proper conduct of persons in the facility, the management staff is authorized to issue and put these regulations into effect.
- Must be 48” to use the slides.
- One person on each slide at a time.
- Must go down the slide laying on your back or sitting.
- More specific waterslide rules are posted at the facility.
The City of Middleton Parks & Recreation is a GREAT place to work and we’re always looking for great people! Whether you are looking for a seasonal position or something a little more permanent… whether you’d enjoy working in our vibrant parks, or leading our award-winning youth programs… we feature a diverse selection of employment opportunities to fill a variety of interests, talents, and needs. Our employees come from all walks of life, work hard, and are passionate leaders and role models who care deeply about making an impact in their community and making Middleton a GREAT place to live, work and play! Sound like you? If so, we’d love to have you on our team! View Current Employment Opportunities.
Become a Red Cross Certified Lifeguard!
Whether you are looking for a great summer job or a career as a professional lifeguard, it all starts with the training! You will learn the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize, and respond to aquatic emergencies as well as provide care for different medical emergencies, illnesses, and injuries until EMS personnel arrives.
- Prerequisites: Be 15 years of age on or before the last day of the class swim 300 yards (12 lengths of the pool) without stopping, tread water for 2 minutes by only using your legs, retrieve a submerged, 10 lb. object from 7-10 feet of water and return to the starting point in 1:40 seconds.
- Once you successfully complete the course you will receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED, valid for 2 years.