On June 15, 2020 Public Health Madison & Dane County entered Phase II of the Forward Dane Plan, a plan for the phased reopening of Dane County during the COVID-19 pandemic. In the current Emergency Order #13, playgrounds, courts and fields are open and gathering limits increased over prior orders. Games and competitions are allowed for low risk sports. Games and competitions are allowed between teams for medium and high risk sports, provided gathering limits are followed and masks worn. For more on sports guidance click HERE.
The following park amenities remain closed during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Tips for Walking and Running
- When in busy areas, walk single file lines or with just one child when out with household members.
- Avoid stopping on the path as it makes it hard for other users to pass safely, step off to an area off the path.
- When walking with your dog, please keep it under control and away from other users.
- Wear a mask if 6 feet social distance cannot be maintained.
Tips for Bicycling
Ride cautiously and within your ability level.
Do not forget to let others know you are passing.
Only pass when you can maintain 6 feet of distance from other users.
Do not pass in between people walking in opposite directions.
No group riding with people outside your household.
When active with household members, keep your group small.
- Don’t touch entry gate, bag stations, trashcans, or other surfaces with your bare hands. Use gloves or cover your hand with a dog waste bag first.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet between people and don’t gather in groups.
- After leaving the dog park, use hand sanitizer. Wash your hands when you get home.
- Wear a mask if 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.