Court Updates for COVID-19
*** THE COURT OFFICE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ***
TO ALL DEFENDANTS WITH AN INITIAL APPEARANCE COURT DATE SCHEDULED ON APRIL 2, 2020:
- All in-person court appearances for April are cancelled.
- Your Initial Appearance is rescheduled for May 21, 2020 at 5:30pm. See below for more information.
- Rescheduling Notices were mailed to the address on your citation.
- If you did not receive a notice, you are responsible for providing a new address and contact information to the court.
- If you wish to enter a plea of not guilty to your citation, you may do so in writing prior to the May 21, 2020 rescheduled court date. For your convenience, you may use this form.
COURT PROCEDURES FOR MAY 21, 2020:
Due to the Safer at Home Order and consistent with the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s recent order directing lower courts use technology instead of holding in-person court appearances, the Middleton Municipal Court is holding court via Zoom on May 21, 2020 at 5:30pm. If your court date is scheduled/rescheduled for May 21st, you have the following options:
- You may enter a plea before May 21st by: mail; in-person using the drop-box located in the front foyer of the Police Department; by fax at 608- 833-9995; or by email at email@example.com. If you enter a not guilty plea, your case will be set for a pre-trial conference by phone with the city prosecutor. If you enter a guilty or no contest plea, the judge will review your citation and any additional information you provided with your plea and enter a judgement. This option may result in an outcome prior to the May 21st court date. For a plea description, click here.
- Appear before the court on May 21st via telephone or videoconference. Click here for meeting links, information on how to join, and what to expect.
- If you do none of the above or prefer to pay your citation without attending court, a default judgement will be entered on May 21st and your fine will be due on July 21, 2020. For payment information, click here.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PAY YOUR FINE, YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
- Complete and submit a Payment Plan form
- Request an Indigency (Poverty) Hearing by submitting this form
CONTACT METHODS FOR THE COURT:
- Mail: Mail to Middleton Municipal Court, 7341 Donna Drive, Middleton, WI, 53562
- Drop box (accessible 24/7): A drop box is provided in the foyer of the Middleton Police Department/Municipal Court building located at 7341 Donna Drive, Middleton
- Fax: 608-833-9995
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THE COURT INFORMED OF ADDRESS CHANGES AND CONTACT INFORMATION. YOU MAY PROVIDE THE COURT UPDATES USING ANY OF THE CONTACT METHODS PROVIDED ABOVE.
IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AT 608-824-7370, OR EMAIL AT COURT@CI.MIDDLETON.WI.US.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THE CITY’S COVID-19 UPDATES.
(last updated May 14, 2020)