Brush Collection Begins April of 2023
Scheduled collection of brush will be provided once per month from April through October. Special collections may be made in response to city declared storm events. All brush must be out by 7am on Monday of your scheduled collection week.
Your cooperation in making the scheduled collection of brush as efficient as possible is appreciated. Please follow these instructions:
- All brush must be out by 7 a.m. on Monday of your week. (See Collection Schedule and Map of Scheduled Brush Collection)
- Brush trimmed by contractors WILL NOT be collected.
- Brush mixed with leaves WILL NOT be collected
- Keep brush segregated from garbage, leaves and garden waste.
- Remove all metal, roots and dirt.
- Limbs or branches must not exceed 6” in diameter
- Place brush in an orderly fashion parallel to the curb, with all cut ends pointing to the right as you face the street.
- Avoid conflicts with trees, poles, hydrants, mailboxes, parked cars, and other obstructions.
Brush collection is intended as a convenience to property owners and not as a support service for land clearing activities. Brush will not be collected from tree removal or trimming work done by commercial contractors. Collection on private property is prohibited, unless a Release of Liability Agreement is signed and on file with the Dept. of Public Works.
Chipped wood will be delivered to property owners upon email request. Residents must agree to take an entire truck load at a time, typically 8-10 cubic yards. Material is not quality commercial grade. It contains various types of wood bark, sticks and leaves.
Please see the City’s Brush Collection Policy for a complete description of the curbside brush collection service schedule, rules and alternative disposal option.