Sidewalk Maintenance Program
White Dot: Concrete Raising
White Check Mark: Horizontal Saw Cut
Pink Dot: Removal and Replacement
Double Pink Dot: City terrace tree caused damage City pays 50% of the cost.
2020 Sidewalk Program
Payments for the 2020 program have until November 1, 2021 to make all payments for work performed.
Concrete Service Company will return in the spring to address the restoration of disturbed areas.
Bids will be received on March 10, 2021.
Helping Maintain Our Local Sidewalks
Property owners are the maintaining authority of the sidewalk adjacent to their property. To assist property owners with correction of structural deficiencies in concrete, the City of Middleton has an ongoing sidewalk maintenance program which covers about 1/8th of the city’s limits each year. What this means is that about every eight years city engineering technicians will be going through each neighborhood to assess the overall condition of sidewalks, sidewalk ramps and driveway aprons to determine if they are in need of rehabilitation or replacement. The City will also correct significant structural deficiencies in concrete outside of the area scheduled for annual maintenance work, as requested by the property owners or concerned citizens.
Pertinent Statute, Ordinances, Policies & Standards
- Statute 66.0907 – Requirements to maintain sidewalk and assessment of costs
- Policy – Assessment for maintenance of sidewalks / driveways
- Ordinance section 8.02 – Street and sidewalk grades
- Ordinance section 8.03 – Sidewalk construction and repair
- Ordinance section 8.04 – Driveways
- Ordinance section 8.05 – Street and sidewalk excavations and openings
- Ordinance section 8.06 – Obstructions and encroachments
- Ordinance section 8.07 – Snow and ice removal
- Ordinance section 8.09 – Emergency powers
- Ordinance section 20.05(2) – Trimming trees and shrubs
- Standard Specifications, Section 609 – Concrete construction
- Standard Detail Drawing 600-03 – Residential driveway apron
- Standard Detail Drawing 600-04 – Commercial driveway apron